Omni-Channel is a comprehensive customer service solution that lets contact centers push work to their agents in real time. Omni-Channel lets you create work items from your Salesforce records―including cases, chats, leads, and custom objects―and route them to the most qualified, available agents in your organization, all in real time. Omni-Channel integrates seamlessly into the Salesforce console, so it’s easy for your support agents to use.
With Omni-Channel, you can manage the priority of work items to make sure that critical assignments get taken care of quickly. You can manage your agents’ capacity and availability for work to ensure that they’re given only the number of assignments that they can handle. You can also define which agents can work on different types of assignments. Best of all, Omni-Channel routes all of these assignments to the correct agents automatically. Agents no longer have to pick and choose work items manually from a queue, and managers no longer have to triage or dispatch work to agents. Work is served to the most qualified available agent in real time!
1. Go to Omni-Channel Settings.
2. Enable Omni-Channel.
3. Go to Service Channels.
4. Click New.
5. Enter the information and click Save.
6. Go to Routing Configuration.
7. Click New.
8. Enter the information and click Save.
9. For testing purpose, create a queue with the name High-Priority Cases.
10. Go to Presence Statuses.
11. Click New.
12. Enter the information and click Save.
13. Go to a profile where you want to test. Click Edit in Enabled Service Presence Status Access.
14. Save Enable Service Presence Status Access.
15. Edit a Console app and Add Omni Channel Console Component Salesforce.
16. Open the console app. Create a case with priority High. Change the owner to High Priority Cases queue. Accept the case. It will change the owner as you.